Our parish is committed to safeguarding.
We have policies in place to ensure the safety and protection of children and the vulnerable in our community. For more information check the resource links below or contact our parish office.
- Archdiocesan Commitment Statement
- Archdiocese of Sydney’s Safeguarding and Child Protection Website
- Overview of the Archdiocese’s Child Safeguarding Policy
- Code of Conduct for Working with Children
- Protocol: Managing Safeguarding Complaints
- Protocol: Reporting Protocol for Clergy & Parish Staff
A message from the Archdiocese of Sydney
Child sexual abuse is a crime. The appropriate people to deal with crimes are the police. If you, or anyone you know, have been abused, please contact the police. Alternatively, you can contact the Safeguarding and Ministerial Integrity Office at (02) 9390 5810 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also want to speak to your Parish Priest who will be able to provide support and guidance. The Archdiocese has a legal obligation to report crimes to the police. (Archdiocesan permanent notice)
Our Lady of Fatima is under the care of the Missionaries of God’s Love (MGL). For more information about the MGL’s commitment to child protection, please click on our policies below.